Tuesday, January 26, 2016


     This is my Accordion File Folder.  The directions are from Split Coast Stampers.
     I chose the digital kit 'My Heart Lives Here' by Snickerdoodle Designs because of the wonderful Valentine colors and design papers.
      The front is decorated with an assortment of 'Badges' from the kit.  I altered the sizes and attached them with pop-dots.  Also added some pearls and little tattered flowers.  I used the dotted pattern papers in the kit to make the flowers.  

     The first thing I did was measure out the matts for all the sections of the album and covered them with papers from the kit.  The directions did not include this step but I cut them 1/4 inch smaller than the inner pages.  I cut out Front, Back, Insides, Removable Tags and Bottom Flap matts all at the same time.

       After folding the Album I burnished the edges with 'Aged Mahogany' Distress Ink.  As I burnished the edges of the various matts I started adhering them together with double sided tape.

     This is the extended shape of the Album showing the removable tags.  I also attached some of the 'Badges' along the bottom flaps.

     Close up of a bottom flap.  Background is from kit as well as the 'Cluster' in the middle.

     Close up of the tags.  I used the 'Boarders' and 'Sentiments' from the kit.

     And to complete it all is the back of the Album.  Finished size is 4 1/2 x 7 3/4 inches.

                                                              Thanks for stopping by...

Friday, January 15, 2016


     I'm still finding things to do with those 'Whimsical Birds' from the 'Today' digital kit at Snickerdoodle Designs.  Here they are in a nest of flowers.  I made the flowers using a Tim Holtz die called 'Tiny Tattered Florals' and hot glued them in place.  
     The card measures 2 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches.

     I did my cutting out of the characters all at the same time.  Cutting two of each one,  I glued them back to back over a piece of wire and stuck them in styrofoam to dry.

     I burnished the edges of the chip board with 'Fired Brick' from Distress Ink.  The birds and other characters were coated with 'Glossy Accents' and left to dry over night.  The longest piece of wire measures about 3 inches.

                                        There is a top and bottom image that I attached with double sided tape  onto the chip board.

                                     Here's the finished cards all ready to be delivered.

                                                        Thanks for stopping by!