Saturday, March 12, 2016

POP UP BOX CARD



     These cards are so much fun to put together!  The basic directions for making the cards are from Split Coast Stampers.  The papers and elements are from a digital kit called 'My Little Chickadee' by Snickerdoodle Designs


     Make sure you use a cardstock of good quality that will not crack when you do the scoring and folding.  I use Stampin' Up papers.  When card is all folded up, it measures 5 1/2 x 7 inches.



      I made my panels in Photo Shop using the sizes in the basic directions and decorated them with the wonderful backgrounds and elements from 'My Little Chickadee'.    


     I moved all the panels to 11 x 8 1/2 space for printing.  All the cut outs were placed in and around the panels to be all printed at once.


     Be sure to mark which is the inside and which is the outside of your card.  Attach all the panels before folding the card.   I used score tape instead of glue.  It gives card a smoother look.


                                     Attach end tabs with score tape to form the card base.


     I printed up a couple 4 x 4 inch squares to use for the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment circle and the tiny flowers for the Chicks.  I used  'Nesting Dies Doily Circles' by We R Memory Keepers. I cut the 'Word Art' out of a 'Happy Birthday' sign I saw on a clip art site on the internet.
     The edges of the panels and flowers were burnished with 'Mermaid Lagoon' Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  


     I enlarged the 'Little Chickadee' elements from the kit to make some free standing characters.  In Photo Shop I reversed the images of each one so I could glue them together.  I used a clear gel tacky glue.  The legs are pieces of 16 gauge black wire bent in half to lay inside the Chicks.  The flowers they are attached to are from a die called 'Tiny Tattered Florals' by Tim Holtz. 



                                                  This is the back of finished card.


                   Here is my project all finished along with the 'Little Chickadees' characters!



                                                            Thanks for stopping by!



                

No comments:

Post a Comment