Thursday, October 30, 2014

COMPENDIUM OF CURIOSITIES Challenge #14



     This altered bottle is my entry to Challenge #14 Vol. 3, page 53, where I have attempted to unravel the mystery of Colored Crackle!
     The Challenge is hosted by Linda Ledbetter at her blog Compendium of Curiosities.

   
     

     There is also a "Lucky Draw" being sponsored by The Funky Junkie Boutique.



 I filled this bottle with sand to add weight as my final project is a bookend.




I put two layers of Gesso on bottle and used a stencil with texturing paste for the sides.




This shows the challenge technique applied to one of the flowers.



The Curiosity Crew's Choice will be awarded a prize sponsored by Tim Holtz and Mario Rossi. One of the requirements of this challenge is not to reveal the technique used but you can buy your own signed copy of Compendium of Curiosities Vol 3 to discover what it is and have as much fun as I did!



7 comments:

  1. What a clever and unique project, Clareene! Your flowers are fantastic and the crackle looks divine. Your project is both beautiful and functional - thanks so much for sharing it with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, an altered bottle! LOVE it! The crackled flowers are a wonderful touch! LOVE all the texture on the bottle! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Colored Crackle challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clar, this is beautiful! It is so imaginative and creative. And I love the colors. It looks great how you are using it, shown in your photograph. Awesome job! Can't wait to see your next entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Clar...I am looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clar I love your project, particularly how the flowers came out. How smart to weight down that bottle. Off to see the compendium so I can find out about crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I love those flowers centers and your technique is great. Awesome project, thanks for sharing it on CC3C!

    ReplyDelete