Sunday, May 15, 2016

FREE STANDING BEAR


     LOVE this little bear character.  He is selected from a digital kit by Snickerdoodle Designs called 'You Are A Masterpiece'.  You can find it HERE.  I made several sizes but this one measures 3 1/2  in. x 3 1/2 in.  The butterfly is from clip art found on the internet.  It is prepared the same way as bear. 


     This is the mini album I created using the 'You Are A Masterpiece' kit.  Please see earlier post for the instructions.  


     To make bear freestanding I brought the character into Photoshop work space on a new document layer.   I adjusted it to the size I wanted and then opened a second document.  I moved it to this second document so I could rotate the image and flip it horizontally.  Since I didn't want eyes and a nose on the back of the head I used the clone tool to remove them.  Then I joined them together on one document and printed them.


     I printed up several at a time on Whisper White card stock from Stampin' Up.  I cut them out and burnished all the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress ink by Tim Holtz.


     I used Glossy Accents glue to mount the two sides together and attach a loop of 16 gauge wire about 3 in. long in the middle.  When glue was dry I trimmed up the edges and touched up ink.  Then I coated each character with Micro Glaze and set to dry overnight.


     And there they are!  All ready for their new homes.  You can put just about anything on a wire for them to hold.


                                                          Thanks for stopping by! 








No comments:

Post a Comment