Saturday, April 18, 2020

FLIP LID CUBE GIFT BOX


I created this project as my entry for the April Challenge at 'The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog'.  The theme is 'A Mothers Love' and we needed to use the word 'love' in the project.  You can find more information HERE.
I am so happy to announce that I won one of the 'Top 3 Badges' for this challenge!!


I used a great tutorial by Sam at 'Mixed Up Craft'.  She even showed how to make a very useful template for folding and cutting.  That tutorial is HERE


This is my flip lid box before I decorated it.  I used papers from the 'Fairie Dust Collection' by Graphic 45.  Box measures 3 1/2" x  3 1/2".


This is the basic set up using scalloped nesting dies, floral leaf and heart shaped dies. 



Here's the back of the box.  The dragon flies came from clipart on the internet.  I brought them into Photoshop Elements and sized and colored them.

...There you have it.  Thanks for stopping by...



5 comments:

  1. Wow---is this ever a great tut. We had a "crayon box" that was simlar years ago, but this one is so much better. I love your diecut embellies on this. So cute, so much dimension and SUCH a pretty Box. Thank you for the link to Mixed Up Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great box! Great use of diecuts too. Thanks for joining in our Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee what a wonderful box. I love how you've made that flip lid and the embellishments on top. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog for this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! I'm delighted to see you were chosen as one of our favorites at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog!

    ReplyDelete