Friday, January 15, 2021

FUNKIE JUNKIE BOUTIQUE BLOG CHALLENGE

 


The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog has a fun challenge for January.  The theme is called 'Put A Good Word In'.  We have been asked to design a project using words of encouragement or of a positive nature.  You can find more about this challenge at their blog HERE.


For my project I chose to alter this  2 1/2" x  4"  block of wood.  After covering it with cardstock I mounted it on a wooden stand.  I spritzed it with Distress Spray Stain Pumice Stone by Tim Holtz.  Then burnished the edges with  Tempting Turquoise ink from Stampin' Up.


I made my own embellishments by bringing a bird into Photoshop Elements for sizing and coloring.   I fancy cut all the pieces out and burnished the edges with colored inks. 


These clumps of grass for the top were made with Tim Holtz's die called Tiny Tattered Florals.  I spritzed them with Pumice Stone Spray and a touch of Glimmer Mist.


This is a close up of my chosen words which are also my mantra for the new year.
...IMAGINE...CREATE...INSPIRE...


Close up of the birds nestled in their glimmer grass with hearts floating above them.


Both sides have shinny gold paper mats with design cardstock on top.


This is the back.  Also has shinny gold paper mat with design cardstock on top.


...And there you have it.  Thanks for stopping by...







2 comments:

  1. Awe those ARE THE most inspiring words, and those gold mattes and glimmering grasses make that just electric. LOVE IT What a great "take" on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee this is absolutely wonderful. Great choice of words to go with such an imaginative and creative piece. Thank you for joining us with it at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx

    ReplyDelete